Posted by Jordan Grantham
on 1 November 2018
Did you know that there are over 150 Lasallian saints and blesseds?
Today is the Solemnity of All Saints, a great opportunity to ask for their heavenly assistance.
These 'Heroes of the Faith' had the grace and courage to pursue extraordinary holiness. The Church proclaims them as universal examples of the Christian life.
Now that they are in Heaven, we ask the prayers of the saints, for the "prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects" (Jas. 5:16).
There is a Lasallian saint or blessed for everyone. Here are some you may not know:
- St Miguel, a writer of textbooks for the poor of Ecuador.
- Blessed Scubilion Rousseau, teacher of slaves off the coast of Africa, on Reunion island.
- St Solomon Leclerq, secretary to the superior general, murdered by French Revolutionaries.
- St Jaime Hilario Barbal, executed for upholding his religious vocation during the Spanish Civil War.
- Blessed Raphaël Louis Rafiringa, a writer and brother born in Madagascar.
- Our Lady of the Star, a special title which Lasallians venerate St Mary, the Mother of God.
Read more about Lasallian holiness here.